loaded purple sweet potato
- 1 purple sweet potato
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp walnuts
- 1 hemp seeds
- 1 cacao nibs
- Heat oven to 400° F. Pierce each sweet potato several times with the tines of a fork
- Place the sweet potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil
- Bake until tender, about 45 minutes
- Cut in half and top with toppings and enjoy!
watercress + delicata squash
- 1 c watercress
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/3 red pepper
- 1/3 walnuts
- 1 delicata squash
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Drizzle olive oil into the bottom of baking dish to coat.
- Cut delicata squash into 1 cm slices
- Season squash halves with salt and pepper; arrange into baking dish with flesh side down.
- Bake in preheated oven until a fork easily pierces through the skin and flesh, about 25 minutes.
- Top watercress with remaining ingredients and enjoy!
sweet potato ribbons
- 1 large sweet potato
- With a very sharp knife or a mandoline, carefully slice sweet potato lengthwise into thin strips.
- Once sliced, use a knife and cut them to about 1/4-1/2 inch thickness and set aside.
- Heat a medium saute pan over medium heat, grease with a bit of oil, and add in sweet potato ribbons.
- Top with sesame seeds and cinnamon for taste
coconut kefir cucumber salad
- 4 persian cucumbers
- 1/4 c dried figs
- 1/4 c gala apples
- 1 tbsp gogi berries
- 1 tbsp pumkin seeds
- 2-3 tbsp coconut kefir
- Slice cucumbers and mix with coconut kefir
- Toss in figs, seeds, apples, and gogi berries
roasted brussel Sprouts
- 2-3 cups brussel sprouts
- 1/2 c pomegranate seeds
- 1/3 chopped walnuts
- black pepper
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- plastic ziplock bag
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place trimmed Brussels sprouts, olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Seal tightly, and shake to coat
- Roast in the preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes, shaking pan every 5 to 7 minutes for even browning
- Toss with walnuts and pomegranate seeds and enjoy!
"cheesy" lentil spiral noodles
(Dairy Free + Gluten Free)
Red Lentil Pasta
- You can find red lentil pasta at most grocery stores in the 'health food' section. (Some of my favorite brands are Ancient Harvest and Explore Cuisine)
Vegan "Cheese" Sauce
- 2/3 c raw cashew nuts soaked overnight in water
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes if using powder, you can use slightly less*
- 1 tsp garlic powder or fresh minced garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder or fresh minced onion
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz dairy-free milk(unsweetened)
Red Lentil Pasta:
- Boil 1 cup dry pasta in 2 cups water (instructions may vary depending on type of pasta - read the box!) Be careful not to over cook - it can become super sticky!
Vegan "cheese" sauce:
- Drain the cashews and discard the water they were soaked in.
- Add to a high-powered blender along with the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth. Add more almond milk, if needed to create the desired consistency.
- Toss in cooked pasta and enjoy!
- Add remaining to a container and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
beet cauliflower mash
- 1 large beet, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium cauliflower crown, broken into florets
- 1 medium yukon gold potato, peeled and cubed
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- salt and pepper, added to taste
- 1/4 c sprouts (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Add the beets to the pot and boil for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, add the cauliflower and potato to the pot, and boil everything for 10-15 more minutes, until everything is tender.
- Drain the pot and transfer the vegetables to a blender.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the blender and blend until completely smooth. Serve warm!